Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fever, Future, Fonts, $%@# ???

It has arrived, the last minute crunch of the semester, when the season becomes stressful for everyone, not only are all the projects that we have been working on come to a head like a big pubescent zit; the holidays approach as well, the constant reminder that we have neglected family and friends for a few months on end now, and that we have many more months of neglect to go.

Yesterday ended for me in what felt like an unending pain in my joints, and when I finally arrived home by car service and checked my temperature there was no denying that my human body temperature of 101.6°F was a pretty good indication that I did in fact have the flu. Great! Just what I needed when I was just being able to get a head in my classes!

I was really thinking this might have been due to the thought of meeting with the Chair of the Industrial Design Department next Tuesday to go over my schedule for next semester. Oh, I have to start thinking about what I want next semester, but for the full program?, and when I want to finish---now? Really? I just got here! Can’t I just take a bunch of classes I like and at the end of 60 credits call it a Master’s of Industrial Design degree?

What is it that I really want out of the program, out of Pratt, out of life, basically? Gee, if I only knew, I might be so much better off. I like to draw, I like to think that I am drawing better and better, I’m not a literary person, as per the previous sentences and paragraphs might suggest. However I do enjoy graphics too. I used to be really good with computers, but they develop faster than me, or have as of recent, I’m trying to get a hold on that one too. Gosh! Just trying to download a simple font is like the worst multiple choice test I ever took, and likely didn’t get more than a “C” on.

So, whatever, right? I guess I only had a 24 hour flu. Too bad the hot water has been off for more than 24 hours in my apartment; so, what am I supposed to do?, live with the flu on my skin, or freeze it off?

I chose to freeze it off, oh well; it was better than another multiple choice question test.

No comments: